A car title loan uses your automobile title as collateral and can provide a large sum of cash in as little as a few hours. People with a low credit score, who are precluded from conventional lending sources, usually choose these secured, short-term debt instruments when an emergency arises.
One emergency where a car title loan can be particularly useful is in paying for emergency home repairs, such as a leaky roof. Repairing and replacing a roof is one of the most expensive home maintenance tasks, often costing hundreds or even thousands of dollars.
It’s great to have your own home, but maintenance and repairs often prove to be very expensive. Roofs begin to deteriorate after a while and may need repairs or replacements urgently to prevent water from getting into the house and cause expensive damage to furniture and other equipment.
Although some roof repairs may be simple and inexpensive, depending on the size of the home, it could take anywhere from $2,000 to $10,000 to replace an entire roof, depending on the type of materials you use, the roof size, and the area where you reside. For example, a homeowner could end up paying anything from $10,000 to $25,000 to replace asphalt or shake roof.
There are several financing options for roof repair financing, including:
* Contractor payment: Though it is not common, some roofing contractors or companies will set up a payment plan with clients.
* Credit Card: For those with enough available credit, using a credit card for roof repairs is a good option.
* Home equity loan or line of credit: If you have equity in your home, you can use it for financing repairs or maintenance.
* Home improvement or personal loan: If you have a good credit score, you should be able to qualify for a low-interest loan through conventional methods, without having to put up collateral.
* Car title loan: This option is suitable for those who have bad credit, but have auto equity and can therefore provide collateral in order to secure the debt.
If you have bad credit and need money fast, you could consider using a car title loan to finance your roof repairs. All you have to prove is ownership of your car and documentation showing that your vehicle is paid off or nearly paid off.
Since these subprime instruments are given to borrowers who are seen as high risk investments, title loan lenders usually charge higher interest rates than conventional sources and will typically offer up to 50 percent of the car’s wholesale value in cash.
However, if you make payments on schedule, according to the terms of the agreement, it can be a positive mark on your credit record and even help you reestablish credit. Once you have a good credit score, you will have access to conventional sources of funding that charge lower interest rates.
When applying for a car title loan, avoid predatory lenders who use aggressive tactics and force you to agree to exorbitant interest rates and rigid terms that will trap you in a cycle of debt. Make sure you find a lender that offers you low interest rates and flexible terms to help you repay your loan conveniently, so you can avoid repossession of your vehicle.
Are you looking for “DUI Attorney”? Check out corelawgroup The passionate experts in this field are ready to answer all of your requests.